City Academy serves students age four (pre-kindergarten) through sixth grade. The student body comes from various economic and social backgrounds from 40 zip codes. We seek students who are motivated and families who are committed to participating in the life of the school and the education of their children. City Academy’s admission process evaluates students as well as families.
Throughout the admissions process, City Academy considers:
- Parental commitment to participate in the life of the school, minimum 20 hours of volunteer time every year
- Student enthusiasm for learning through discovery & exploration
- Student potential for good behavior, leadership, citizenship & scholarship
- Student demonstrates academic, social & emotional readiness to meet the demands of an academically rigorous program
Final acceptance decisions are based on:
- Completion of the admissions application
- Student & parent interviews
- City Academy teacher recommendations (following day visits for each applicant)
- Previous academic records
- Academic testing results
City Academy admits qualified families without regard to gender, race, color, creed, religion or ethnic origin. Our admissions process encourages open discussion between prospective families, teachers and the admissions committee.