We aim to help students assume their role as responsible citizens in their community.
- Geography influences a community’s culture and development
- Nations and regions around the world can be analyzed spatially using maps, images, and models
- Geography influences the crops and natural resources grown and found in regions around the world.
- Knowledge of the past helps one understand the present and make decisions about the future.
- Communities change over time politically, socially, and technologically.
- Over time people have adapted to and impacted their environment.
- Individuals and groups within a community can impact their social and political systems with new inventions, ideas, and art forms.
- When cultures meet there are exchanges, which have both positive and negative consequences.
- Cultures form their own religions, holidays, celebrations, and traditions.
- Governments are in charge of addressing the basic needs of the people in a society.
- People have different jobs and responsibilities in their community.