At City Academy, we believe that physical education is an essential component of the overall educational process. During our health and physical education classes, students participate in a progressive and individualized program that is designed to develop specific character skills: cooperation, sportsmanship, leadership, loyalty, respect and honesty.
- Physical and cognitive skills are necessary to successfully participate in a variety of physical activities and sports.
- Regular fitness activities and testing improve cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, flexibility, muscular endurance, and body composition.
- Respect for each other and one’s self improves cooperation, leadership, appreciation, and enjoyment.
- Personal fitness, healthy active living, and setting realistic and attainable goals are important to inspire a commitment to lifelong wellness.
- Knowledge is important to understand how body systems work and how physical activity affects those systems.