City Academy’s alumni program is designed to empower students and their families with the tools and knowledge to access opportunities and services that will ensure the greatest possibility of success in secondary school, college and beyond.
Transition Support: Beginning in fifth grade, students and families are provided with one-to-one support to navigate life in secondary school.
- SSAT Test Prep
- Tutoring, counseling & alumni school visits
- Student tracking & development of individualized plans of support
College Readiness: The STRIVE for College program partners Washington University in St. Louis undergraduate students with City Academy alumni. Students meet two Saturdays per month for three hours. One-to-one pairings allow for intensive and personalized academic support. Forty City Academy alumni and 50 college students participate in the program.
- ACT/SAT Prep
- College & scholarship application support
- Resume /portfolio building
Leadership Development: Social Capital and Leadership Education (SCALE) provides students with access to leadership programs that assist in building skills while also connecting students to leaders in the community.
- AYF National Leadership Conference, Cultural Leadership, Community Service
- Professional Development Program
- Individualized guidance on assisting students in building and sustaining their social capital network