The City Academy Spanish program begins with immersion in early childhood. In all grades, students actively participate in Spanish instruction through games, songs, projects, and the use of technology (Rosetta Stone). The Spanish program exposes students to other cultures and develops their Spanish speaking, reading and writing abilities.
- People express themselves in different ways.
- It is beneficial to communicate in another language.
- Practiced conversations and presentations help students become a better speaker and writer in Spanish.
- Understand and communicate in a variety of timeframes including events, express feeling, opinions and experiences.
- Understanding grammar and structure allows student to effectively write in sentences and paragraphs.
- Appreciating the similarities and differences of cultures in Spanish-speaking countries leads students to a better understanding of their own culture.
- Each culture has unique characteristics and values.